Thousands of Australians have travelled to World Youth Day and hold wonderful memories. They’ve experienced conversion to Christ or a deepening of their existing faith and ideals. Last World Youth Day in Poland Pope Francis joined millions of young people who answered the invitation to be witnesses of faith.
We now look forward to World Youth Day in Panama, the “bridge of the world, heart of the universe”.
I’m looking forward to leading young people from our Archdiocese on this once in a lifetime journey of faith.
Come and join us for World Youth Day in Panama City in 2019!
Most Rev Anthony Fisher OP
Archbishop of Sydney
PILGRIMAGE TO WYD PANAMA
WITH ARCHBISHOP ANTHONY FISHER OP
Departs January 15 (17 days)
Note: This itinerary is subject to change
17 Days including Flights + Accommodation
with option to extend 4 extra nights in Mexico
including the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe
Price estimate: $8,686
Option to extend to Mexico + $1,100
- Saint John Paul ll National Shrine
Celebrate Mass and explore relics in Hominis Church (incl. a relic of Saint John Paul ll’s blood)
- Visit Washington City landmarks
- The Library of Congress
- The Lincoln and National WWl Memorials
- The Washington Monument
- Capitol Hill
- The White House
- Celebrate Mass at the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
- Smithsonian Institution
- Natural History Museum
- Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Nationwide WYD Celebration in Washington
- Participate in the March for Life Rally
- Explore Panama City
- 2019 WYD Celebration
- Opening Mass with local Bishops
- Catechesis with Bishops around the world
- Vocations Expo, Youth Festival Program
- Hear Pope Francis’ first speech of WYD Panama
- Way of the Cross
- WYD Pilgrimage Walk
- WYD Vigil + Final Mass with Pope Francis
- Post WYD Retreat in Panama City
- Visit Mexico City
- Learn about the ancient Aztec people
- Ancient pyramids of the Sun and Moon
- The Temple of Quetzalcoa
- The Plaza of Three Cultures
- Aztec Ruins
- The Spanish Colonial Church of Santiago Tlatelolco (home of the baptismal font of Saint Juan Diego)
- Visit the site where Our Lady appeared to Juan Diego.
- The Church of the Fifth Apparition of Santa Maria Tulpetlac.
- Celebrate Mass at the Church of the Holy Family, visit shrine of Blessed Miguel Pro.
- Visit the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe the most visited shrine in the World,
- Visit museum of the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Visit Chapel of Indios,
- Chapel of the Well,
- Tranquil Grotto
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST
WYD INFO NIGHTS
All WYD Info Nights have now passed.
For more information, contact Abbel Gaspi
P: 0439 664 724 E: email@example.com